Tuesday 29 November 2011

Glossy Box



It's pretty exciting to get a box of beauty goodies through the post.

Glossybox sent me a couple of boxes to review.

They are beautifully packaged. There's box within a box, ribbon, tissue paper and shredded tissue. I'm keeping my boxes to put bits and bobs in - they look pretty on the chest of drawers in my bedroom.



On to the contents of the Glossybox. Each month you get 5 samples of beauty products. The brands and contents vary, but include make-up, skincare, haircare, perfume, bath products and nail products.

You can try these sample sized products in the comfort of your own home.

I liked the Kimia Exquisite Face Oil and the Dead Sea Magik Salt Scrub. The HD Brows Palette was worth £19.95 on its own, but unfortunately hadn't travelled well. I liked the Plum by Mary Greenwell perfume sample, but didn't think a perfume sample was all that special - it looked a bit cheap.

I loved, however, the Neal and Wolf Harmony Intensive Care Treatment. It's a gorgeous-smelling hair conditioner. It leaves my hair soft and silky. It also a full-sized product, worth £12.95.




The second box included more Dead Sea Magik Bath Salts (yay), Arbonne Foot Cooling Cream (again, yay), Monu Skin Perfector (a potential yay, haven't tried it yet), Nail Rock Designer Nail Wraps (yuck, not my thing at all) and samples of Serge Lutens perfumes (they smell nice, but meh).





Facts and Figures:

Glossybox costs £10 plus postage and packaging (currently £2.95). There is no minimum subscription term.

You can earn free boxes by inviting friends and collecting 'glossydots'.

There will soon be  a quarterly Glossybox for men.


The Verdict:


So, is a Glossybox good value for money? Yes, if you would be buying this stuff anyway, it is great value.

But... there's always a but... it's not for me. Not every month, anyway. I'm not enough of a beauty product addict.

As a gift though, I think it's great. If you're stuck for Christmas present ideas, a subscription to Glossybox would make a great gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment